My SF film - UPDATE -

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

super8man

Re: My SF film - UPDATE -

Post by super8man »

I have to say, I really like that command center cockpit. If I could have that in my house, I doubt I would need any other part of the house except for the bathroom and a cot. Wow. Seriously.

I hope your soundtrack includes some great space communication dialogue through the use of single side band and that monotone, out of tune sound you can get (shortwave/CB SSB upper or lower). Makes me think of Silent Running with Bruce Dern, one of my faves.
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/
Sasounet

Post by Sasounet »

super8man wrote:I have to say, I really like that command center cockpit. If I could have that in my house, I doubt I would need any other part of the house except for the bathroom and a cot. Wow. Seriously.
Yes it was fun. Too bad it's been dismantled. (Had to film everything inside that set in a rush as I was moving to a new house)

The much larger cockpit under construction will be fun too. :-)
super8man wrote:I hope your soundtrack includes some great space communication dialogue through the use of single side band and that monotone, out of tune sound you can get (shortwave/CB SSB upper or lower). Makes me think of Silent Running with Bruce Dern, one of my faves.
Now that you say it, I agree. Low quality radio communications IS cool.

François
Sasounet
super8man

Post by super8man »

While I think of it, be sure to watch the recent movie "MOON" - it is really very well done and quite thought provoking and probably touches on similar setups as your movie is doing.

Cheers,
Mike
My website - check it out...
http://super8man.filmshooting.com/