Film price from Wittner

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

rlorenz2

Film price from Wittner

Post by rlorenz2 »

I have never ordered film from wittner before and I live in the US. Which price would I go off of when ordering from them. Heres an example (22.61 EUR netto) 26.90 EUR brutto. Im not sure the difference between netto and brutto.
My films

http://vimeo.com/user1869478
Uppsala BildTeknik

Re: Film price from Wittner

Post by Uppsala BildTeknik »

Since you are outside EU you only pay the netto-price (without VAT) to Wittner.
Charlie Blackfield

Post by Charlie Blackfield »

Uppsala BildTeknik wrote:Since you are outside EU you only pay the netto-price (without VAT) to Wittner.
That's correct. On the other hand, you may still end up paying additional charges instead of VAT. If, for example, I order stuff from the US to be delivered to me in the UK, I won't normally have to pay the US sales tax (i.e. US equivalent of VAT), but I will be charged import VAT by the UK's HM Revenue and Customs (normally collected by the courier on delivery - who will add an administration charge of their own). Given that most US sales taxes tend to be lower than UK VAT, I end up paying more than I would if I could just pay the US sales tax. I'm not sure how this translates when ordering the other way round. Maybe someone at a courier company will be able to advise you.
greg_8mm

Post by greg_8mm »

Living in the US, why would you want to buy film from wittner???
I mean, the example that you're giving of 22.61 euros is 32.23usd.. I don't get why you would wanna pay that much for a cart when you can get a cart of vision2 for 19usd and a cart of tri-x for 14.50usd from bhphotovideo.com.. You'd be paying twice as much..

I thought it was always us Europeans trying to get film from the US (i know i do) instead of the other way around..
aj

Post by aj »

Except for the kodak material Wittner has more choice and better prices on the these specialties. Compared to USA pro shops everybody is cheap :)

Never understood why Wittner would want to be a reseller for these worked-up super-8 beaulieuxes 4008 or canons. Possibly the current Euro-Dollar rate makes it a nice deal ?
Kind regards,

André