What do you use more?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

How often do you shoot these film formats?

I shoot more super 8 than 8mm
44%
I shoot more 8mm than super 8.
17%
I shoot about the same amount of both formats
28%
I shoot more 16mm or 35mm than the 8mm groups
11%

Total votes: 18

Ektagraphic

What do you use more?

Post by Ektagraphic »

I am just trying to get an idea of how many people out there are using 8mm. I have a few super 8 cameras, and only one 8mm camera, but I am going to buy two more 8mm. I just love the format and the fact that it is rolls. It feels a little bit more like real film making to me. I have nothing against super 8 and I will keep using pretty frequently. I'm just giving 8mm a spin and I was wondering how many others do the same. I am going to shoot mostly Cinechrome 100D and some Cine-X or Fomapan R100.
Pull that old movie camera out of the closet! I'm sure it's hungry for some film!
audadvnc

Re: What do you use more?

Post by audadvnc »

Digital 8 (video). hahaha!!!
Robert Hughes
fairchild

Post by fairchild »

s8 for me...i just found a nice bolex p2 for dirt cheap so im going to try to shoot some reg8 soon..as soon as payday comes!
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I haven't shot S8 in a long long time. It hasn't been needed or called for on any of my shoots. I've shot a lot of S16 and some 35 over the last three years.

Good Luck
Charlie Blackfield

Post by Charlie Blackfield »

I used to shoot more Super 8 than Standard 8, partly because I was still finding my way with the older format. Nowadays it's about the same - Standard 8 mainly used for home and travel movies (the tiny Bolex B8 is the perfect travel camera for me, lightweight and yet really good quality stuff), and Super 8 for the films I want to put out there on the internet and into film festivals - and also for stop-frame animation.
Ektagraphic

Post by Ektagraphic »

I think I may be shooting more 8mm for a while since I just bought a Bolex C8 with some great lenses and a Canon Eight
Pull that old movie camera out of the closet! I'm sure it's hungry for some film!
Shanec8mm

Post by Shanec8mm »

I still continue to use Super 8mm film. I recently shot 2 rolls of Ektachrome 64T while on vacation at the beach in Va. I used my trusty Minolta Autopak 8 D-6.
These are the only 2 rolls I have shot so far this year.