Beaulieu 6008S and Film Usage Monitor

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

BonnutFilmStudio

Beaulieu 6008S and Film Usage Monitor

Post by BonnutFilmStudio »

So, I've known ever since I've owned this camera that it doesn't seem to have any indicator for how much footage is used on a roll. All it has is a digital frame counter that resets every time you release the trigger. If there a way to switch this frame counter to a Film Usage Monitor? Or do I just calculate the footage used by figuring out the frames shot and subtract it from the total amount of frames in a roll? That seems a bit tedious if I want to know how much footage I used in a single take, each time I have a take. Does anyone own a Bealieu in this class? How do you manage film usage? Thus far all I've done is approximate simply from my experience with S8, but my approximation is not god enough.
aj

Re: Beaulieu 6008S and Film Usage Monitor

Post by aj »

Isn't there a filmcounter in the viewfinder? On the righthand side, labeled C in the manual. Runs from 0 to 15 meter and on to 60 if you have a K40 60 meter :) The nearing end is marked with a hatch pattern. At 15 and 60 meter. Are there any 6008 with feet numbers?
Kind regards,

André
BonnutFilmStudio

Re: Beaulieu 6008S and Film Usage Monitor

Post by BonnutFilmStudio »

Wow, I'm not surprised I missed that. There seems to be an excessive amount of dirt on the diopter. I had to view it over a lamp to see the numbers.