The Lone Film maker

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Scotness

The Lone Film maker

Post by Scotness »

Anyone seen this guy

http://www.youtube.com/user/thelonefilmmaker

he's mad! (but I'll watch)

Scot
Read my science fiction novel The Forest of Life at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D38AV4K
etimh

Post by etimh »

The lone "filmmaker"? He's a videographer. :P

Still, an interesting project. Thanks for linking to it.

Tim
BigBeaner

Post by BigBeaner »

No-one has ever made a successful feature film entirely on their own.
I guess he hasn't seen El Mariachi, or he means completely on his own even acting... but whatever
timdrage

Post by timdrage »

BigBeaner wrote:
I guess he hasn't seen El Mariachi, or he means completely on his own even acting... but whatever
So I guess we can measure your attention span: 13 words. :)
No-one has ever made a successful feature film entirely on their own. So I need all the support i can get
BigBeaner

Post by BigBeaner »

timdrage wrote:
BigBeaner wrote:
So I guess we can measure your attention span: 13 words. :)
No-one has ever made a successful feature film entirely on their own. So I need all the support i can get
I guess you didn't watch any of his videos or actually read that much further yourself, he's asking for EMOTIONAL support less than financial or a crew:
So I need all the support i can get - to help get me up in the morning, to keep me focused and support me. So my girlfriend is filming me doing it - for an entertaining series, part comic, part informative, part plain crazy! Please support me by watching my blogs, by becoming my friend and by spreading the word - and hopefully I can keep you entertained by showcasing my pain and struggle as I film high up in the Alps in the snow and gales entirely on my own!
timdrage

Post by timdrage »

I was semi-kidding.

and/or my attention span is only 9 words longer than yours. :)

Anyway M dot Strange for one has made a successful feature film (almost) entirely on his own, and an animated one at that! - http://www.wearethestrange.com/
sk360

Post by sk360 »

Personally, I think the guy should make a short or two before embarking on trying to make a feature. None the less, I wish him all the luck.
greg_8mm

Post by greg_8mm »

sk360 wrote:Personally, I think the guy should make a short or two before embarking on trying to make a feature. None the less, I wish him all the luck.
i was just reading his website, and he's made films before.. It's definitely not his first..

other than that, I think his girlfriend is doing a great job documenting the whole process.. Actually makes me want to see the finished film (i mean video :p)

Thanks for the post! I'm gonna be following this 'blog' from now on..
Scotness

Post by Scotness »

I think his biggest challenge will be making sure that more effort goes into the film and not the making of it!

Scot
Read my science fiction novel The Forest of Life at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D38AV4K