Autumn on 100D

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

T-Scan

Autumn on 100D

Post by T-Scan »

Here are some stills of Spectra 100D S8, captured on my Work Printer.
100D and Vision 3 please
mattias

Post by mattias »

very very nice. any clips though? ;-)

/matt
MIKI-814

Post by MIKI-814 »

Again, 100D wonderful
Muckymuck

Post by Muckymuck »

Nice pictures. It's a lovely stock- a definate worthy replacement for Kodachrome 40. Scary pic with the policeman pointing a gun though, is that an everyday sight where you are?
morales72

Post by morales72 »

Beautiful pics. Can't wait to see my E100D.

M.
drsanchez

Post by drsanchez »

You forgot to include the script for these shots, so here's one:
"What a lovely day for a stroll through the woods. These leaves are really pretty. La de da de daaaaa. Oops, I accidentally committed a really serious crime for which I will surely be shot! Darn! Don't shoot! Don't shoot! AAAAAaaaaaahhhhhhh! My whole life flashes before my eyes. But why, among these innocent bystanders, is my wife smiling at that stranger? Shouldn't she be more upset that I just got shot? Oh well, that chick next to her ain't bad. I wonder if I can get her number before I shuffle off this mortal coil?"

It's just a rough draft, but I really think it has potential.

Oh, and that 100D looks lovely.
dr.sanchez, son of a midwestern bureaucrat
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

Thanks! 100D is a great stock to work with. Not only does it project beautifully, it's the easiest color reversal to work with on DIY transfers and post. Your not fighting the grain like 64T, and you have more information to work with compared to K40 or VNF. Anyway, being able to shoot this stock in S8 has rejuvenated my excitement for shooting S8 like never before. I need to replace my 2003 Canon DV with something newer for capture!

I happened upon the Police stand off when passing by on the bus. I had my Nizo with me, so I hopped off and got some shots. It's ironic, because Portland is a fairley low crime city when compared to most any other major American city, yet we have a really gung-ho, militant police force. Last year, I think we had 25 murders, and 12 were commited by police officers. When I left Milwaukee, WI in 1992 we were up to 168 homicides by August of that year.
100D and Vision 3 please
fred621962

Post by fred621962 »

Very nice pics, would you post a video on Dailymotion or so to see the final result ?

Bravo again,

Fred.
npcoombs

Post by npcoombs »

My initial thoughts are that this looks like the ultimate super-8 stock.

Perfect amount of grain to add character but not be annoying, lots of detail and a (only slightly) retro reversal look.
steve hyde

Post by steve hyde »

drsanchez wrote:You forgot to include the script for these shots, so here's one:
"What a lovely day for a stroll through the woods. These leaves are really pretty. La de da de daaaaa. Oops, I accidentally committed a really serious crime for which I will surely be shot! Darn! Don't shoot! Don't shoot! AAAAAaaaaaahhhhhhh! My whole life flashes before my eyes. But why, among these innocent bystanders, is my wife smiling at that stranger? Shouldn't she be more upset that I just got shot? Oh well, that chick next to her ain't bad. I wonder if I can get her number before I shuffle off this mortal coil?"

It's just a rough draft, but I really think it has potential.

Oh, and that 100D looks lovely.
lol! RE: found a story in this.

Reminds me of an interview with Wim Wenders where he describes an experimental film he was making. While recording a train passing by at the station a man jumped into the picture and ran across the tracks. In the editing room he realized he couldn't use the shot for his experimental film because it felt like the beginning of a story.

There is something to be said for free-association cinema. Explore the world through the lens of a camera and let the stories emerge.

RE: 100D

These look absolutely beautiful. I'm going to order some of that stock for my 16mm Filmo...

Thanks for posting.

Steve
cubdukat

Re: Autumn on 100D

Post by cubdukat »

T-Scan wrote:Here are some stills of Spectra 100D S8, captured on my Work Printer.
Lucky you. We're rapidly running out of leaves here in Chicago. I'm not even done with the first of four rolls, and I'm running out of color. I knew I shoulda started sooner.

Maybe I'll have better luck in SF next year. From what I understand, the Presidio's always a good bet.

BTW, is that Pro8's, Wittner's or Spectra's 100D?
"You made me choke a chicken on national television...twice in one day!"

--Kevin Smith, after killing a tic-tac-toe playing chicken in Kissimmee, FL, "Kevin Smith's Roadside Attractions"
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

The stock is from Spectra. They notch their carts just like PlusX. I will have another music film clip up soon... it doesn't include these shots, but mostly S8 100D.
100D and Vision 3 please
cubdukat

Post by cubdukat »

T-Scan wrote:
The stock is from Spectra. They notch their carts just like PlusX. I will have another music film clip up soon... it doesn't include these shots, but mostly S8 100D.
Excellent. I can use it with both of my cameras without issue. And those are the newer carts that are more reliable, right?

BTW, what Nizo do you have? I owned two Integrals, both of which fell apart within a year. I've also worked with a 6080 before, and I would love to own another one myself.
"You made me choke a chicken on national television...twice in one day!"

--Kevin Smith, after killing a tic-tac-toe playing chicken in Kissimmee, FL, "Kevin Smith's Roadside Attractions"
tukon4

Post by tukon4 »

Very nice images! Now I wish I had shot some 100D when the leaves turned!

Come on Kodak, please! Give us some 100Ds! :wink:
Michael
eightmm

Post by eightmm »

Truly amazing ! Every time I see a sample of 100D, I'm convinced former K40 could not compete with this great film.
Let us hope it will be available for the long run, be it not form Kodak, then from Spectra, Wittner or others.

Nice samples you've picked, T-San !

Cheers, Paul