Soft, Compact Case for Beaulieu 7008PRO...Any Suggestions?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

super8film

Soft, Compact Case for Beaulieu 7008PRO...Any Suggestions?

Post by super8film »

Hi all.

I'd like to get a softshell case for my Beaulieu 7008PRO, so I thought I'd see if any other Beaulieu owners might be able to offer some suggestions. Ideally, I'd like a softshell case that is durable and of good quality, but also compact enough to be something that I can easily carry around with me when traveling. All I'd need to have in the case, aside from the camera, would be a few small accessories (spare batteries, a few carts of film, etc.).

Thanks to anyone who might be able to offer some suggestions!
Mitch Perkins

Re: Soft, Compact Case for Beaulieu 7008PRO...Any Suggestion

Post by Mitch Perkins »

super8film wrote:Hi all.

I'd like to get a softshell case for my Beaulieu 7008PRO...

Thanks to anyone who might be able to offer some suggestions!
Not to be contrary, but look at that beautiful camera with its long lens mounted on those very fine threads, and get a hardshell case!

Actually, I really think you should remove the lens for travel, get a rear element cap and one for the camera lens mount too - I've seen a Beaulieu with a broken nose from being shipped even in a hard box, and it was a very sad sight.

For just walking around, strap it to your shoulder and be constantly aware of a precious and delicate third arm.

Mitch
super8film

Post by super8film »

Good thoughts, Mitch. Actually, I do already have a Pelican case for my camera for normal storage and transportation. And yes, I do store the camera with the lens removed from the camera body, and with a rear cap for the lens and a c-mount port cover for the camera body. However, I'd still like to pick up a compact softshell bag for the camera that's easy to carry around if I'm out and about shooting or if I'm out sightseeing. The Pelican case is great, but there's no way that I'm lugging it around with me when I'm walking around :)
Mitch Perkins

Post by Mitch Perkins »

super8film wrote: a c-mount port cover for the camera body.
Right, "c-mount port cover" - that's what I meant to say!

My advice is to get a generic soft camera case from your local camera store and pad it to suit. Get a new one because old ones tend to shed bits of liner, and you know where those bits will end up...

The case should only be for when you sit down to lunch, IMHO, because otherwise you'll likely miss all the good stuff that happens without warning.

Mitch