OT - Here we go... my movie opens in Toronto

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

filmamigo

OT - Here we go... my movie opens in Toronto

Post by filmamigo »

OK, so the Slackers Film Festival was a blast! But it was also a bit of a vacation (two days of nothing but movies and good times).

Now my movie is opening at a new theatre in Toronto for a three day run (May 10, 11 and 12). I've been going crazy slapping up posters, and emailing everyone who might care, and getting DVDs ready, and generally not getting much sleep.

It feels really good to be spreading the word about the movie, after spending so many years on it... years that are pretty lonely when you think about it! Now is my chance to begin connecting with an audience, and I hope they like what they see. I'm sure these jitters/excitement are old news to a lot of you folks, but it's my first attempt connect so directly with an audience. Slapping up posters and handing out promotional bookmarks to people in movie lineups is a very visceral experience, and feels like... showbusiness. In the old fashioned, circus-coming-to-town kind of way. Of course I'll be there for all three nights. I don't think you could keep me away! I've never understood the filmmakers who never want to see their work with an audience - for me it's the final consummation of the process.

I would love to see anyone who can make it out to the screenings! The details are in my press release below.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Email: info@verity24.com

“THE BEHAVIOUR OF HOUSES” OPENS IN TORONTO

Local Feature Film Will Play At Toronto’s Newest Cinema, The Brunswick Theatre

Toronto, Ontario – April 24, 2007

Fresh off its world premiere at the Slackers Film Festival, “The Behaviour of Houses” is opening for a three day run at The Brunswick Theatre. The film will screen on Thursday, May 10 at 7pm, Friday May 11 at 9:30pm, and Saturday May 12 at 6:00pm. The film is the dramatic feature debut of Toronto director David W. Scott. All screenings will be attended by the director, with audience discussion and Q&A following each show, in keeping with the spirit of the screening space.

The Brunswick Theatre, Toronto’s newest cinema, has a focus on issues of social justice, politics and the environment. “The Behaviour of Houses” tackles personal and political issues around suburban development, individual action and responsibility, and the role of the artist, the academic, and the private sector in addressing issues of the common good. The fit between the film and the screening space is a good one, with a shared sense of purpose.

“The Behaviour of Houses” tells the story of Melinda, a struggling artist whose family develops suburban real estate. When her brother comes to visit, Melinda’s life is changed forever. How can Melinda, her lover and her brother deal with unfinished family business?

Creating a very personal movie like “The Behaviour of Houses” was a labour of love for the production team, especially director David W. Scott. The film was shot and cut over a five-year period, in locations around downtown Toronto, the GTA and Windsor. Many supportive artists lent their skills to the production, including actors Matt Murphy, Sarah Title and Norm Owen in the leads. The musical soundtrack includes the director’s hometown heroes Honeymoon Suite, along with local talent Alan Lee, Ivor Stines and Dustin Peters.

For more information about the film, please visit:
http://www.behaviourofhouses.com

For more information about the Brunswick Theatre, please visit:
http://www.brunswicktheatre.ca

# # #
David W Scott
Producer / Director
"The Behaviour of Houses"
MovieStuff

Post by MovieStuff »

Congrats!

Let us know how it goes!

Roger
Mitch Perkins

Re: OT - Here we go... my movie opens in Toronto

Post by Mitch Perkins »

filmamigo wrote:OK, so the Slackers Film Festival was a blast! But it was also a bit of a vacation (two days of nothing but movies and good times).

Now my movie is opening at a new theatre in Toronto for a three day run (May 10, 11 and 12).
Got yer email, David, will try and make it out (we never go anywhere, gotta change that).

Still interested in the great S-video sandwich symposium, too. ~:?)

Mitch
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

.... Congratulations !! 5 years of work ! It seems to be a great movie to me!
I would be happy to see it one day.

bye bye,
Daniel
Plastik

Post by Plastik »

Congratulatiions. It's nice to see you share your excitement - make the most of it.
Ertugrul Togacay
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

Another overnight sensation!!! How cool!!
filmamigo

Post by filmamigo »

flatwood wrote:Another overnight sensation!!! How cool!!
:lol: I don't know why I waited so long!
David W Scott
Producer / Director
"The Behaviour of Houses"
Rick Palidwor

Post by Rick Palidwor »

filmamigo wrote:
flatwood wrote:Another overnight sensation!!! How cool!!
Congrats Dave. Hope it goes well.
Rick

:lol: I don't know why I waited so long!