MOVIES

Want to help me out with the website? Please post your suggestions or contributions here!

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

studiocarter

MOVIES

Post by studiocarter »

There are lots of movies up on this site in lots of different places. Let's build a list of them in one place so potential viewers need go to one site only.
If viewing and downloading were monitored that would tell the moviemaker how popular their work is/was.
Also, directions on uploading the movies would help.

My preferred format is .mpg since Windows Media Player version 6 plays them full screen, they download fast, they even stream by themselves. And, most importantly, no credit card information is needed to get and use the player. It is the only player installed on my machine.

MOV is possible, but the player has been removed from my machine. It was a hassle. I used to encode to .mov in Premiere and that was not a proplem. However, it never did play full screen, not like WMP.

RM player is free but they want a ton of my personal information that I say NOT! No way. Too much hassle.

The mpg encoder is free. Lately I only use avi2vcd.

Please consider making all the movies in one format for ease of viewing, namely: .mpg

All my movies for on line presentations are in that format. I used to use others and they are up here, too; they were experiments. They work, but, this is easier.

I shall try to compile a list of all my movies llocated herein and post it later.

Thanks,

Michael[/b]
studiocarter

More films

Post by studiocarter »

Well, that is some list.

div-x should be looked into. The files are half the size of .mpg for the same movie. I don't remember why I stopped using it except perhaps that I was the only one who had the encoder and player? It was upgraded and then it no longer stayed in sync on my computer so I dumped the latest version and went back and used the older one.

If file size is a issue, perhaps all of us could just use Div-X or whatsayU? :?:
studiocarter

hello?

Post by studiocarter »

What is your favorite format and why?
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Yeah!

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Hi Michael!
Great to see these postings from you!!! Indeed I'm going to build a library of online 8mm films and examples. The reason why it hasn't been done yet is simply because I have a huge to-do list and this list isn't priority 1.

However, I have a couple of my own films that I'll upload very soon and I agree 100% with you:

MPEG is the way to go! From now on, the default movie type for this website is MPEG-1 (standard .mpg). These files can be played back on any system which ofcourse is important, and if you're luck enough to have WMP installed, it plays great fullsize aswell.

I will make a special directory on the FTP server for videos.. just gimme a little more time! :D

Thanks for the contributions so far!!!

/Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
wahiba

mpeg!!!!

Post by wahiba »

I have just check one of the mpeg films and it is 32 Mb in size. On my machine that means a download of over 2 hours!! :(

Fine set up .mpg for those of you on 512 kBps downloads, but for those of us on much less need 56 kBps down loads. If you have enough space for the 32 Mb .mpg version then squeezing in the 1 mBps .wmv version should not be too difficult. I would rather check out a 192 x 144 movie at 56 kBps than not see it at all. :lol:

For examples check out my site. :wink:
New web site and this is cine page http://www.picsntech.co.uk/cine.html
studiocarter

MPEG.1

Post by studiocarter »

It came out as .m1v and not .mpg. If that ending is added instead of .m1v then it doesn't play.
Anyway.
I uploaded another version of Night.mpg
It is NOT a MPEG-2 480x480 file but rather is a MPEG-1 (as listed in the menu of bbMPEG encoder) file type at 352 x 240 and is at half frame rate of NTSC.
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/nap2.m1v
It is 4.12MB, uploaded in 295 seconds at 14.68KB/Sec

Michael
studiocarter

one for Wahiba

Post by studiocarter »

ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/Nap8.avi

MS-MPEG4 V2, 2.80MB, 1min45Sec, 176x120, 14.985fps, 27/KB/Sec, went up at 200.488Sec at 14.7KB/Sec

Michael
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Videos/Movies moved!

All videos and movies have been categorized in subfolders.

Check out: ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/video/

/Andreas
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
lord_icon

I need a .dv movie file

Post by lord_icon »

:D Hi

I cant access the ftp site for video samples.
I need a sample .dv movie file any help would
be greatly appreciated thanks :-D