filecrunch is a free video download place

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

studiocarter

filecrunch is a free video download place

Post by studiocarter »

I just uploaded a 11MB mpeg2 file at 3000kbps quality. It is a 1959 Regular 8mm film transfer off a Rank Cintel machine. Quality should be pretty good. However, the film WAS underexposed a little.

Would someone download it and see if it plays?
I couldn't upload a larger one at this time, Sun. afternoon

I can't seem to get this to work right and I have an account?!
Last edited by studiocarter on Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gianni1

Post by gianni1 »

Didn't work for me, kept saying "forbidden" and right clicking on the download buttion only downloaded some html coded php file... :?

Maybe get rid of the e:\mpeg2\bears.mpg with just bears.mpg

Gianni
munnin

Post by munnin »

same here

403 - Forbidden
studiocarter

Post by studiocarter »

Thanks for trying. It was deleted.
There was no way to change the name after it was up there. When you upload, there is a field to change the name in and it defaults to the actual name without all the location stuff. However, it does not function. There is a bug in the program that only takes the location and uses it as the name.
I reported that to them.
I tried to change the location to the desktop only the name got even longer!
If anyone tries it, use a very small file. I successfully uploaded 11MB but not 71MB. That didn't work either.
Michael Carter

PS they said to use FireFox and they are fixing the Internet Explorer part.
studiocarter

Post by studiocarter »

They fixed the name bug.

http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~1j175k

I uploaded a Regular 8mm film clip from 1959 shot at the Highland Park Zoo in Pittsburgh. It shows some Bears after the totum pole that is no longer there. It is 19MB mpeg2 for a DVD. Raw and underexposed, some of it looks pretty good. It was transferred by a Rank Cintel Turbo locally.

This is a test to see if anyone can download full quality DVD files for free. The upload was fast and easy.

Please try to download it and tell if it works for you. Right click and save as in order to save it to your hard disk to get at later.

Thanks,
Michael Carter
gianni1

Post by gianni1 »

Works this time, it downloads fine. Regarding playback on Apple OS-X - my Quicktime player would not open or play it, but VLC (Video Lan Client, freeware) for the Mac worked fine..

Gianni
studiocarter

Post by studiocarter »

Allright! :D

Now we have a way to put full sized resolution files up on line so we can see what is what.

That one is a MPEG-2 that was made on a PC. It gets made into DVDs with Nero. I thought MPEG-2 files were a standard that all computers could read? It may be that your program only works with MPEG-1 files. I have had to install a program called PowerDVD in order to play DVDs on my PC. That lets my other programs also run MPEG-2 files.

Now I'm on YouTube, MySpace, Archive, and FileCrunch