Velvia II (late spring 2007)

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Daniel

Velvia II (late spring 2007)

Post by Daniel »

"Fujifilm U.S.A (announced plans) to reintroduce ISO 50 Fujichrome Velvia...tentatively nammed Velvia II"

from source :

http://filmimaging.com/articles/viewart ... p?id=81558
Last edited by Daniel on Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carlos 8mm

Post by Carlos 8mm »

And recently Fuji released Fujichrome Provia 400X, the finest grain ISO 400 color reversal film (RMS: 11).

What happen with Kodak? :?
Carlos.
cubdukat

Re: Velvia II (late spring 2007)

Post by cubdukat »

Daniel wrote:"Fujifilm U.S.A (announded plans) to reintroduce ISO 50 Fujichrome Velvia...tentatively nammed Velvia II"

from source :

http://filmimaging.com/articles/viewart ... p?id=81558
Guess they underestimated the popularity of the original V50.

I certainly hope that Spectra picks up the new V50 as well as the Velvia 100 stocks. Maybe they could even do the Provia stocks, so that they'd have one of every speed (50, 100, 200, 400).

Now, if Fuji can jump through the hoops they're jumping through to give us V50 again, what's Kodak's excuse for not pursuing a reformulated Kodachrome? It had just as big a following as Velvia did, if not greater.
"You made me choke a chicken on national television...twice in one day!"

--Kevin Smith, after killing a tic-tac-toe playing chicken in Kissimmee, FL, "Kevin Smith's Roadside Attractions"
anitasanger

Post by anitasanger »

so this will be made officially for super 8?
"when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -hst.
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

anitasanger wrote:so this will be made officially for super 8?
Don't we all wish...

No -- another company like Spectra in L.A., or GK-film in Europe will have to do it.
DrkAngl

Post by DrkAngl »

SWEEEEEET! Can't wait to see it in super 8!
anitasanger

Post by anitasanger »

i'm not being sarcastic, totally serious.

why are we excited about this? is it just a film that is coming out for 35mm SLR cameras? excited for those of us who are photographers? or excited because it will be released as a super 8 film as well? thanks.
"when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -hst.
CHAS

Post by CHAS »

anitasanger wrote:i'm not being sarcastic, totally serious.

why are we excited about this? is it just a film that is coming out for 35mm SLR cameras? excited for those of us who are photographers? or excited because it will be released as a super 8 film as well? thanks.
Since film is an endangered species, anytime a company announces a new emulsion coming out it's good news...let alone it being a reversal stock.

Its ASA is rated close to K40 so if it does get cut down for S8 carts many auto-only cameras can read it correctly.

Plus it's a saturated stock which many of us like.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Carlos 8mm wrote:And recently Fuji released Fujichrome Provia 400X, the finest grain ISO 400 color reversal film (RMS: 11).
Whilst the new daylight reversal films are all very welcome, what we really need now is a new tungsten balanced reversal. With the demise of Ektachrome 7240 (125asa) and 7250 (400asa) the only tungsten films we've got left are the sluggish 64s from Kodak and Fuji. A tungsten balanced Provia 400x?..... Yes please.

Rob
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Don't forget Vision2 200T and Vision2 500T, both are Tungsten films!
Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations
Will2

Re: Velvia II (late spring 2007)

Post by Will2 »

cubdukat wrote:Now, if Fuji can jump through the hoops they're jumping through to give us V50 again, what's Kodak's excuse for not pursuing a reformulated Kodachrome? It had just as big a following as Velvia did, if not greater.
I'm sure you know; it's because Kodachrome was a completely different, unique & environmentaly caustic development process while the new Fuji stocks are the standand E-6 process. Its one thing to put out a new film that everyone can process, its another to put out a film that requires a process that only one little company on the planet can.
Patrick

Post by Patrick »

"...what we really need now is a new tungsten balanced reversal."

Fuji 64T is a fairly new tungsten reversal film. And with an RMS granularity of about 7, that's nothing to be sneezed at.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I like the 100ASA Velvia films...

They are very very vibrant without going over the top. The saturation on Velvia can sometimes be overwhelming.

I got some amazing shots with http://www.adorama.com/FJRVPF36.html when I was in Belize last Summer.

Fuji makes great film and the new Velvia will live up to their history. Lets see how it looks.

Good Luck
Lurid Cinema

Post by Lurid Cinema »

YES, but we need 200 & 400 tungsten Reversal in COLOR !!!
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

I picked up a roll of Fuji 64T at the camera store today, and was told by the store folks that Kodak has halted all R&D on reversal films. That really sucks for S8, but at least Fuji is still with it for still photography... and hopefully folks like Spectra will continue to load new Fuji emulsions in S8 carts.
100D and Vision 3 please