SMALL FORMAT has NOT Arrived.

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

carlweston

SMALL FORMAT has NOT Arrived.

Post by carlweston »

what the hell is taking them so long....this is the last time I buy a magazine from these guys.. :x

as of 9.25.05
Check the DVD's I'm selling at http://www.graffitivideos.com/grafcore2000trailer.htm
Tools
DVX100A, TRV8, TRV315, DCR-HC20, Nizo S80, Beaulieu 4008MZ, Beaulieu 4008MZII, Bauer C107XL, EUMIG 65 XL
I Hope I'm Not Turning Into a Camera Collector.
BK

Post by BK »

Yeah! Posted my money in June and now it's end of September, been checking my mailbox everyday hoping it's here. Hope it is worth the wait, what's happening??? Have we been forgotten?

Bill
T-Scan

Post by T-Scan »

No mag here yet either! I signed up for the other mag too, but they at least emailed to confirm my address the other day.
100D and Vision 3 please
P.w.Shelton

Post by P.w.Shelton »

I haven't heard anything either. Anybody try to reach them yet?
Sincerely,
Patrick W. Shelton
sooper8fan

Post by sooper8fan »

no mag here either.....it's hit the 18 week mark. gettin' pretty pissy. what's going on? Maybe I need to ask for my money back. Or perhaps those of us who are waiting so long should be entitled to getting the 2nd issue for free to make up for the delay. That sounds good to me.
lastcoyote

Post by lastcoyote »

I've keep sending PM to Juergen from time to time, asking about the status... He said I have to wait & my copy was sent out end of August. I guess if they sending the magazine by snail surface mail, that 2 more weeks I have to wait.

I've got reply from Super8Today, Chris reply with nice tone and I love the way that feel not being ignore.

Maybe Juergen can consider that have mail option starting from Issue #2 of SmallFormat. Like pay a little bit more to have it mail by airmail... Then people can expect to read it in hurry or wait for slow delievery. Then everybody happy and noone get pissed in here!!
carlweston

Post by carlweston »

still no sign of my magazine

as of 09.26.05
Check the DVD's I'm selling at http://www.graffitivideos.com/grafcore2000trailer.htm
Tools
DVX100A, TRV8, TRV315, DCR-HC20, Nizo S80, Beaulieu 4008MZ, Beaulieu 4008MZII, Bauer C107XL, EUMIG 65 XL
npcoombs

Post by npcoombs »

carlweston wrote:still no sign of my magazine

as of 09.26.05
who cares?
mattias

Post by mattias »

npcoombs wrote:who cares?
carl? ;-)

/matt
reflex

Post by reflex »

Juergen sent me an email about this situation this morning. He's really frustrated about the length of time it takes packages to travel across the Atlantic. He mentioned that another company has also experience recent delays. I made a couple of phone calls to the US Postal Service and Canada Post this morning (ah, the wonder of operating my company in two countries).

Here's what I discovered:

Delivery estimates for surface shipments between Europe and Canada are four to six weeks in both the USA and Canada. The magazine started shipping in mid-August, which means we're just coming up to the six-week mark. Air Mail shipping would be much faster, but would add almost $5 per issue to the price.

The pic is from OnSuper8.org news: Small Format -- it's out at last! The mag is worth the wait.
www.retrothing.com
Vintage Gadgets & Technology
carlweston

Post by carlweston »

npcoombs wrote:

as of 09.26.05
who cares?

FUCK YOU PUSSY:)
Tools
Guy Bennett

Post by Guy Bennett »

who cares?
I love the hypocrisy of statements like the above. Clearly, this person cared enough to read the thread and comment.
carlweston

Post by carlweston »

npcoombs wrote:

as of 09.26.05
who cares?
This is the same idiot that shot an important project with a used super8 camera with out actually testing that dam camera. Then this idiot came to this forum crying like a bitch and or little girl…Fake ass filmmaker.."I'm never gonna use super8 again..it hurt my feelings"...
Tools
sooper8fan

Post by sooper8fan »

carlweston wrote:
FUCK YOU PUSSY:)
LOL...I'm with you, man.

Guy Bennett wrote:
Quote:
who cares?
I love the hypocrisy of statements like the above. Clearly, this person cared enough to read the thread and comment.
Yeah, no kidding. What a pointless post. Maybe he was on the rag or something?? :twisted:
sooper8fan

Post by sooper8fan »

Hey carlweston, I was just looking at your grafitti page. any idea when you'll have a trailer up? Also, what part of it were you involved with (shooting/editing/etc.). I'm sure you've seen Wild Style....or was it Style Wars....crap, now I'm mixed up. I've seen them both, but isn't one of them about breaking? Geez, maybe I should just send you a PM. Check your box later this evening.