John Pytlak has passed away

This forum is dedicated to Filmshooting members and filmpeople who have passed away.
BonnutFilmStudio

Post by BonnutFilmStudio »

John was responsible for a lot of what I've learned over the past few years about S-8 shooting. I'm a better photographer for the input he's given me. I'm forever thankful for that.
Janne

Post by Janne »

The story goes much further back than on the internet forums in recent years. The first time I bump into John Pytlak's name was ten years ago. It was interesting to see the same name on the net much later. I have some technical documentation by Kodak, and Pytlak's name can be found in those papers. And they were printed in 1976. They are older than I am.
Uppsala BildTeknik

Post by Uppsala BildTeknik »

Rest in peace John.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I remember John Pytlak as a nice person, even if I never knew him more than in web forums, I remember him as a person always speaking from knowledge. It was really cool to have him on-board on those small gauge forum, as for instance filmshooting

On the Halogenuros project, I did use the LAD system. The color grading of the DPX file were done in Chile on a Quantel eQ computer station , then those files were sent for film-out test to New Zealand by FTP network and/or shipped by hard-drive. In New Zealand, Weta Digital did recorded back to 2242 intermediate stock and then Park Road Post printed on 35mm positive film. The film-out test 35mm intermediate and positive were sent back to Chile, with a nice note from Weta Digital, telling me how was the density of the LAD Aims. We did 4 film-out test in a period of one year, without the LAD system it would have been very dificult to achieve that level of confidence and precision for a project where film-out was done on the other side of the Pacific ocean!.
LAD system is just one example more, of the important technicals contributions he did for film community.

Best thoughts for his family.
Plastik

Post by Plastik »

Rest In Peace John.
Ertugrul Togacay
Matthew Buick

Post by Matthew Buick »

He will be sorely missed. :cry:
Matthew Buick.
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.

Training to be a CBT Therapist. Deeply passionate about photography. Getting back into shooting Super 8.

My flickr profile: http://www.flickr.com/photos/matthewbuick/
danrap

Post by danrap »

I have read this saddest news only today, I have been far away from the forum for some months I'm very sad.
John will lack to us so much. Condolences to all the family.

Daniele
italy
Andreas Wideroe
Site Admin

Re: John Pytlak has passed away

Post by Andreas Wideroe »

Andreas Wideroe
Filmshooting | Com - Administrator

Please help support the Filmshooting forum with donations