16mm Filmo 70D lens combinations

Technical talk about 8mm, Super8, 9.5mm, 16mm and 35mm ++ motion picture cameras.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Phil_F_NM

16mm Filmo 70D lens combinations

Post by Phil_F_NM »

Is there a guideline for a minimum and maximum focal length one should mount on a camera with a turret? I'm thinking I don't want my long focal length lens in the field of view of my wide.
I know a lot of variation exists with regard to physical dimensions and lens design comes into play as well. Since I have no ability to check through the lens, I'm hoping there is some old guideline to follow while still maximizing the range of focal lengths on my cameras.

Thanks all.

Phil Forrest
Last edited by Phil_F_NM on Thu May 24, 2018 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil_F_NM

Re: 16mm Filmo 70D lens combinations

Post by Phil_F_NM »

Found it.
There is a bit of a chart for turret lens combinations in the B&H 70DL manual. Funny that I already had the answer in my computer and on my phone but hadn't paid attention to it until now.

Phil Forrest
pberk

Re: 16mm Filmo 70D lens combinations

Post by pberk »

>>is there a guideline for a minimum and maximum focal length one should mount on a camera with a turret? I'm thinking I don't want my long focal length lens in the field of view of my wide.

I used the Filmo extensively during my service with the 221st Signal Company(Pictorial) in Vietnam, 1969-70. I believe I had a 25mm, 50mm and 75mm on my turret. Never had a problem with the 25mm catching the 75mm in the field of view that I can recall. But I would guess that if you have a wider lens than the 25mm you should remove your longer lens to be sure when shooting the wide angle. Parallax is so much fun. We had fits shooting objects close up like our film slates to ID the footage.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.