SOM Berthiot reflex 17-85

Technical talk about 8mm, Super8, 9.5mm, 16mm and 35mm ++ motion picture cameras.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Klintan

SOM Berthiot reflex 17-85

Post by Klintan »

Hi everybody,
my first post:
I need to change the angle of the viewfinder on the camera. It shall point 45 degree up to the left, but than it is not fully seated on the c-mount thread. There are three screws on the barrel that looks as if they could be setscrews, but who knows!
Does somebody here know?
cheers
Hans
Danmouer

Re: SOM Berthiot reflex 17-85

Post by Danmouer »

I assume this is for mounting on an H16? It’s been a long time since I used one, bur I do recall being perplexed about getting the viewer properly placed while having the lens properly lined up with the C mount. Bad news is that I don’t remember the proper adjustment. Good news is is that I’m pretty sure I didn’t have to unscrew three set screws. Sorry this isn’t very helpful.
kontrabass888

Post by kontrabass888 »

The 90 degree viewfinder version of pan cinor 85-2 was designed for bolex h16 , the c mount of filmo 70 is a little different. It usually will over screwed on filmo. But the earlier 45 degree -“dog leg” version is possible to change the angle of the viewfinder , so it will fit to any c- mount cameras and possible to let the viewfinder stay at any angle you like.
sciolist

Post by sciolist »

The SOM Berthiot C-mount lenses that I have use a C-mount that's spring-loaded. The orientation of these lenses on the camera is adjusted with a tool that looks like an oversize bottlecap (it's about 40mm in diameter) with four prongs on the underside set at ninety degrees to each other. These prongs engage slots in the mount. The tool is pressed against the mount and rotated to achieve the desired orientation.