Super-8 Cities Premiere @ Encounters UK and One World Berlin

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

npcoombs

Super-8 Cities Premiere @ Encounters UK and One World Berlin

Post by npcoombs »

Hi All

This is an exciting week for the Super-8 Cities project a we have two premieres of the collection in two European festivals.

The first in Germany on the 20th of November at the ONE WORLD BERLIN FESTIVAL slotted in amongst feature docs which we would all recognise: such as Adam Curtis's films, The War on Democracy and other greats.

http://www.oneworld-berlin.de/programm/ ... /downdate/

The second as the opening screening of the ENCOUNTERS FESTIVAL in Bristol, UK on the night of the 21st, 6PM.

http://www.encounters-festival.org.uk/p ... 4&show=107

Both screenings will open with Chantel Partamian's excellent super-8 war diary Dear N. (by invitation) and it is amazing how well it fits alongside the Super-8 Cities collection. At the end of the programme is a sneak preview of THE CITIZENS project with a touching film by Jean Beaudoin called Citizen Ben and a cool first look at the graphics Cagdas is compiling for the project.

At the Bristol screening both myself and Sean Martin (director of the Weston Super Mare film) will present the collection and then Sean will do a radio interview about his film.

So an exciting week for the project and after this we will take it to lots of super-8 festivals and perhaps screen on Propellor TV in the UK.

Best Wishes
Nathan
flatwood

Post by flatwood »

Thats fantastic news Nathan. Can you tell me what inspires you to do these great things??? I seem to have lost my inspiration for the past year or so.

Good luck with it all. I hope to see you on the Sundance channel someday.