Customer review: RetroSync Studio Sound Module

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

MovieStuff

Customer review: RetroSync Studio Sound Module

Post by MovieStuff » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:23 am

This is hot off the press from a customer in the UK regarding our new RetroSync Studio Sound Module:

Wow what can I say, I have recently taken delivery to Scotland of a brand new RetroSync unit from MovieStuff. Having used the RetroScan Universal for nearly a year now, I have no problem putting my faith in the quality of the products made by Roger and the Moviestuff team. Using the scanner to scan film is just amazing and now with the RetroSync unit, it saves hours and hours of mucking about cutting short segments of sound to fit onto the one film. (It used to drive me very close to tears) The RetroSync takes all the stress out of synchronising the sound from Cine Film to the final project. Being a perfectionist I have spent hours upon hours to get it right in the past. As a true test of the unit, I asked a few of my customers to send back the films that caused me hours of work in the past. The results can be seen and heard instantly. I find one sync point in Adobe premiere and the rest is all sorted. I have watched in amazement how the sound is bang on and doesn't miss a beat. Another great feature is the fact that the sound can be captured at a higher speed and synced to the proper speed during the process which is very fast as well. Thank you Roger and the team, I love this unit. It is going to save me a lot of time in the future and for that the investment is worth every single penny. I look forward to whatever you guys have up your sleeves next.

Steven Look2 Cine Film & Video Services
Troon, Ayrshire, Scotland