reperforating 16mm to 8mm

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

mr8mm

reperforating 16mm to 8mm

Post by mr8mm » Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:51 pm

I understand there is a source in the UK that will reperforate 16mm to 8mm regular 8. Could someone help me find the person or business that does this service?

Also I need a small part for a Eumig 802 peojector. Is there a source for Eumig parts?

J.S.

jpolzfuss

Re: reperforating 16mm to 8mm

Post by jpolzfuss » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi,
mr8mm wrote:Also I need a small part for a Eumig 802 peojector. Is there a source for Eumig parts?
http://www.bolex.ch/ the #1 source

http://www.super8film.at/ also offers Eumig-spare-parts from time to time
http://www.super8stuff.com/ also offers Eumig-spare-parts from time to time

Try all repair-shops that handle Eumig (s. super8wiki)

Hope this helps,
Jörg
This space was left intenionally blank.

deVere

Post by deVere » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:18 pm

Edward Nowill is your man, very nice chap and extremely knowledgeable, I'm pretty sure he has it all up and running at the moment. PM me for his email address J.S.

marc

Post by marc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:18 am

Only problem is, and he will admit it himself, his perforations are not up to spec. What's wrong, Kodak not doing it anymore or charging too much?
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS GOING THROUGH TSA SECURITY IN THE AIRPORT BUT ANYONE CAN CROSS THE BOARDER BETWEEN THE U.S. AND MEXICO WITH NO CHALLENGES WHATSOEVER? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

aj

Post by aj » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:46 pm

clearly you have missed the updates here and have not used any of the recent productions
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20196&hilit=nowill&start=30
Kind regards,

André

marc

Post by marc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:31 am

Clearly, you are the same annoying troll that you have always been!
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS GOING THROUGH TSA SECURITY IN THE AIRPORT BUT ANYONE CAN CROSS THE BOARDER BETWEEN THE U.S. AND MEXICO WITH NO CHALLENGES WHATSOEVER? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

aj

Post by aj » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:06 am

My PM mailbox shows otherwise.

Obviously using internet till late night and getting too little sleep causes chagrin.
Kind regards,

André

S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Post by S8 Booster » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:24 am

aj wrote:My PM mailbox shows otherwise.

Obviously using internet till late night and getting too little sleep causes chagrin.
interesting, why is none of your "supporters" rising their flag in public then - dumb Ass Jerk

shoot....
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...

aj

Post by aj » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:18 am

brave mr S8 Booster is permanently obsessed and posts, eyes rolling, attempted insults with typos on every occasion since his demasqué years ago in nonsense posts about idiotic R10 mods and framemaster improvements.
Kind regards,

André

Rob

Post by Rob » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:17 pm

marc wrote:Clearly, you are the same annoying troll that you have always been!
Bizarre. aj makes a helpful observation by pointing out that things have moved on and includes a link to the relevant thread. You jump down his throat. Whats your problem?

marc

Post by marc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:49 pm

Rob wrote: Bizarre. aj makes a helpful observation by pointing out that things have moved on and includes a link to the relevant thread. You jump down his throat. Whats your problem?
If I fail to articulate in detail here, given the minimal space available, please forgive me. However, I encourage you to re-read the above post that shows the same exasperation toward this particular individual and even one from our Webmaster Andreas, showing the same exasperation. Or quite simply, you could just search all of his posts and you will see a trend of smart ass remarks that belie the very nature of his mentality. Perhaps, then you will see the true, subversive nature of the words that he posts, which you proclaim to be so innocent!

edwardnowill

Post by edwardnowill » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:43 pm

My attention has been drawn to Marc's post.Does Kodak run a reperforating service?["cost too much-don't do it anymore"].If so please publish full details,I can
then send all my customers to Kodak & have all my own work done there.
2] Please also direct me to the page on Kodak's catalogue which lists all the regular
8mm filmstocks that they do.
3]I would be interested to know which regular 8mm filmstocks you use Marc & the
qualities that you find interesting about them.
4]How much interest would there be amoungst cinematographers/slide enthusiasts
if Kodachrome were to be reintroduced ?
Edward Nowill

jpolzfuss

Post by jpolzfuss » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:44 pm

edwardnowill wrote:2] Please also direct me to the page on Kodak's catalogue which lists all the regular 8mm filmstocks that they do.
http://motion.kodak.com/motion/uploaded ... 9_2009.pdf

At least the "KODAK EKTACHROME 100D Color Reversal Film 7285" is available as a Double8-film... . But I'm not sure whether there's already a newer catalogue and whether the film has been discontinued in the meantime...
edwardnowill wrote:4]How much interest would there be amoungst cinematographers/slide enthusiasts if Kodachrome were to be reintroduced?
Yawn! Kodachrome is dead! That digicam-/inkjet-company in Rochester will not revive it! Hence there's no need to discuss this!
This space was left intenionally blank.

mr8mm

Post by mr8mm » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:47 pm

I didn't realize asking a simply question would cause such a fuss. Kodak currently makes 3 stocks in with regular 8 perforations. They are Ektachrome 100D, Plus-X 7265 and Tri-X 7266. The catch: it is necessary to purchase from 2000ft to 8000 ft at one time. Kodak does not reperforate anything. All 16mm stocks are slit as 16mm and then perforated with the correct perforations. And yes, super 8 is a 16mm stock. It starts life as DS8.

Kodachrome is dead,dead,dead. I believe it is regretable that Kodak has decided to stop supplying Dwayne's with the necessary chemistry to process the remaining Kodachrome. In fact i think it is criminal. Believe me, Dwayne's is not happy.

John S.

robbie

Post by robbie » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:21 am

wait!?! so Dwaynes is no LONGER processing Kodachrome? so no one is processing Kodachrome? i would call now,but i don't wont to hear the news, if true, just yet.