Getting Out Of Film

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Herb Montes

Getting Out Of Film

Post by Herb Montes » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:11 pm

Well after my recent illness and radical changes in my life I'm selling all my film gear. I will still do animation but it will be done digitally. So expect some of my 16mm cameras to be offered here. I would rather sell to you members first before going to eBay.

lealar

Re: Getting Out Of Film

Post by lealar » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Sorry to hear you're leaving film, and I can relate to undergoing radical changes in one's life, but I hope your doing better with your health, which is more important than anything else I can think of.

Best Always,
Art

marc

Post by marc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:33 am

HI Herb, if you are interested in selling your Bauer electric S regular 8mm camera, I would love to buy it from you.
Thanks,
Marc
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS GOING THROUGH TSA SECURITY IN THE AIRPORT BUT ANYONE CAN CROSS THE BOARDER BETWEEN THE U.S. AND MEXICO WITH NO CHALLENGES WHATSOEVER? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

Herb Montes

Post by Herb Montes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:47 am

I got a bunch of Super 8 and Regular 8mm cameras I'm also selling. Two Bolex H-8s, a P2 and a S1. Have to go through my list of cameras to find what I have. Much are working cameras. A few are non-working and mostly for their intrinsic value. Some film splicers like Bolex bevel splicers. Anyway, if you are interested send me an email at: herbmontes@gmail.com

If I can I'll take pictures of the equipment. I also have some heavy gear like projectors and tripods but I would rather someone pick those up than have to ship them. If you have ever held a Quickset Hercules tripod you'll know what I mean. I do have some pictures in my ImageShack and deviantART accounts I'll have to find the links to. I may even have to sell my beloved Bolex Rex5 with the animation drive, the 16mm Mitchell with the Tobin drive, and the CP-16 outfit. My illness has brought me hospital bills I have to deal with.

marc

Post by marc » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:22 am

Herb Montes wrote:I got a bunch of Super 8 and Regular 8mm cameras I'm also selling.
HI Herb,
I thought I remember you mentioning that you had a Bauer Electric S regular 8mm camera in one of your past posts. If you still have that one I would love to buy it from you.
Thanks,
Marc
WHY DO YOU HAVE TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS GOING THROUGH TSA SECURITY IN THE AIRPORT BUT ANYONE CAN CROSS THE BOARDER BETWEEN THE U.S. AND MEXICO WITH NO CHALLENGES WHATSOEVER? WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?

Herb Montes

Post by Herb Montes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:57 am

marc wrote:
Herb Montes wrote:I got a bunch of Super 8 and Regular 8mm cameras I'm also selling.
HI Herb,
I thought I remember you mentioning that you had a Bauer Electric S regular 8mm camera in one of your past posts. If you still have that one I would love to buy it from you.
Thanks,
Marc
Sorry if I didn't respond directly to you. Got too much going on right now. Yes, I still do have that camera. It's stored away and I'll have to find it.

marc

Post by marc » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:44 am

Thanks Herb, I hope that you are feeling better.
Thanks,
Marc

Herb Montes

Post by Herb Montes » Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:38 pm

I began posting some cameras I'm selling in the For Sale forum under "Herb's Sale". Please take a look, maybe you'll find something you'll like.