What happened to single8film.com?

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Elmogs

What happened to single8film.com?

Post by Elmogs » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:58 pm

Hey guys,
I had 4 carts of older Single 8 film R25 that could not be processed by Fuji. So Kent over at Single8film.com said he would send it over to another lab and it would take a month. That was in February. Since then there have been no further emails and I just heard from Du-All camera here in NYC that they have not been able to get ahold of him to order more Single 8 film stock.
Wondering if anyone has the 411 on him? There were 8 films sent to him May of last year. I finally received 4 of them in December and these last 4 will be over a year old in the processing loop.

aj

Re: What happened to single8film.com?

Post by aj » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:15 pm

maybe some USA locals can call him on the website telephone number? The last time I ordered, everything went very much in slow motion.
Kind regards,

André

Elmogs

Post by Elmogs » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:41 am

I tried to contact him via email first. For every 5 emails I get one back. And then I tried to call and leave messages. Its an Art Gallery of some sort.
I guess I will keep trying. He has 4 rolls of my precious memories...I just hope he didn't lose them and is giving me the run around. I don't think I have ever had films take over a year to process.

Jim Carlile

Post by Jim Carlile » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:19 am

Their mail drop is an art gallery over off of San Fernando Road, near Glendale but actually in about Lincoln Heights, close to downtown L.A.

I drove by there awhile back to check them out, and didn't see any activity. The web site is still up so I don't know what's going on. I'll make a point of checking back there this week.

aj

Post by aj » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:12 am

BTW some months ago I got an email newsletter with some bargain offers. Which you supposedly could respond to. Aren't these getting delivered either???
Kind regards,

André

Elmogs

Post by Elmogs » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:07 pm

Jim that would be great! Please let us know how things go.

Elmogs

Post by Elmogs » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:16 am

I have sent various emails to him and they all go unanswered. No phone calls are returned. Anyone in the LA area want to go by and say hello?