Help: Leicina Special Service in Europe

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

52cards

Help: Leicina Special Service in Europe

Post by 52cards » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:51 am

Just got a Leicina Special off ebay. Unfortunately it doesn't work and needs service. It runs fine with out film, but jams with film after 30sec. and sometimes stops with the shutter open.
Meter is not working either.

PLS help.

Thanks, Ulrik

aj

Re: Help: Leicina Special Service in Europe

Post by aj » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:20 am

Try mr van der Does of www.de-snek.nl
Is well acquinted with Leitz cameras. Still 35mm and S8 cine.

Good luck
Kind regards,

André

52cards

Post by 52cards » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:35 pm

Tried emailing de-snek but no reply, so I called Leica (again; knowing that they don't service the camera anymore). Leica's technician gave me the address for Nass gmbh in Hannover, they have taken over the service.

Mailed my camera today; I'll update with results.

nass.de

aj

Post by aj » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:38 pm

24 hours it too long for an email response? Mr van der does has customers around the country and many have equipment which they cannot or will not ship in or out. i.e. he is not exactly checking email all the time as he is busy on location.

You are aware that these cameras take super-8 silver-halide based film and that these need chemical processing?
I wonder will happen when you have to wait 1 week for your films to be processed. If not longer if you want them scanned too :)

Good luck, you will need it:
http://64.233.183.132/search?q=cache:0o ... cd=1&gl=nl
Vielleicht solltest Du dies zum Anlaß nehmen, dem BCFI beizutreten, wenn nicht schon geschehen. Herr Bittendorf als ehem. Servicetechniker für den Bereich LEICINA ist mir auch vorher schon aus einer ganz anderen Richtung für solche Reparaturen empfohlen worden, nachdem ich mit meiner "Spezial" ein technisches Problem hatte. Er machte auf mich im Gegensatz zu "NASS", die mir zwar reichlich Geld abgenommen haben und einigermaßen arrogant waren:"...dann haben Sie eben Pech gehabt!...", die Kamera aber nicht reparieren wollten, trotz von mir angelieferter Ersatzteile (ich besitze noch einen Ersatzmotor u.a.m.), einen recht kompetenten Eindruck. Das ich die Kamera dann doch nicht reparieren ließ war nur der Tatsache zu verdanken, daß ich aus der Hand eines Leitz-Sammlers ein nagelneue, noch verpackte "Spezial" erwerben konnte.

In red: Nass took a lot of money and then refused the repairjob even while spareparts where supplied by myself.

Infamous mr Piehler shows up too :) Wrecks your camera or sends somebody's else's camera and bills stiff too :(
A simple list of german repair addresses with one google search.
Kind regards,

André

aj

Post by aj » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:11 pm

52cards wrote:Just got a Leicina Special off ebay. Unfortunately it doesn't work and needs service. Thanks, Ulrik
BTW from whom did you buy it? Doesn't happen to be this fraud mr Krüger from Münster? Have you got the auktion number?
Kind regards,

André

52cards

Post by 52cards » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:54 pm

No, it was from someone selling a Leica collection in Holland.
We'll just have to wait and see about Nass; maybe they will do an ok repair job with the camera.

aj

Post by aj » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:04 am

I hope you did report this trader. As far it gives any help. These people pretend to not know anything and be accidental sellers but are actually routine sellers and are well aware when things are broken.

There is three guys trading on eBay currently. One from Rotterdam with extreme prices, one in Drenthe area and one in Hilversum. Is there an another one?
Kind regards,

André