S8 "Slideshow" & S8 Picture frames posted.

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

S8 "Slideshow" & S8 Picture frames posted.

Post by S8 Booster » Wed May 22, 2002 5:53 pm

Just added a small movie made of S8 stills. The capture from S8 is the poorest possible, unusable for DV due to severe fluctations & flicker (No manual adjustments on the cam available when filmed off the screen). Basically a throwaway approach.

The capture was done on a tiny Hi8 handicam and transfered via a MAC 840AV and then transferred to a new high-end iMAC.

Single frames were captured and put together to a "slideshow" with Adobe Premiere.

Even so I thought the results were god enough to post it here to break up all the "serious" stuff going on.

The images on the film became quite small and some picture quality were lost so I posted some of the single frames as well. They do still not show anything near the real quality of the film images.

The stuff can be viewed here: (strange how tiny 300m free waterfalls may look?)

Movie:
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/Vettis2_1.mov

Captured frames/pics.

ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VETFALL1.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VETFALL2.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VETFALL3.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VETBrokebridge1.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VETGeirang4AGF1.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VETGeirang4AGF2.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VETGeirangeAGFA1.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VETGeiranger3.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VETHorseback3.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VETHorsefclose.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VETcart.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VETgard.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VETgeiranger1.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VETgoat.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VEThsovclosef.jpg
ftp://ftp.filmshooting.com/upload/VetBridge2.jpg

TEST

RGDS
Last edited by S8 Booster on Sat May 25, 2002 1:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...

mIke

Post by mIke » Wed May 22, 2002 7:18 pm

8O Hi Booster

I did enjoy your slideshow. That goat slide I liked the best! Also impressing (west scandinavian?) landscape. Thanks.
What cam/film stock did you use? Fps? Am I right that the cam produces a characteristic ( slight s-shape) bottom frame line?

wahiba

Post by wahiba » Wed May 22, 2002 7:23 pm

Very Good

FW190 A8 single-seat fighter, one 1300 kW BMW 801D-2 fourteen cyclinder air cooled radial engine, two 13mm MG 131 machine guns and four 20mm MG151 cannon, maximun speed 650 km/h at 6 260 m, 570 km/h at sea level, 800 km range, loaded mass 4 900 kg

or does it refer to something else?
Decided not to change web-site, just keep updating. New movies at: http://8mmovies.yolasite.com

Luftwaffel

Post by Luftwaffel » Wed May 22, 2002 9:48 pm

wahiba wrote:Very Good

FW190 A8 ...

or does it refer to something else?
Just speculation wahiba.
To the data you brought up above. there needed to be a relacement for the outcompeted Me 109's at that time you know. As the later and more advanced Me262 "Long Nose" was mainly in operation for defense task's over the continent. But apparently the bird was also popular in the UK.
:wink:

Anymore S8 slides out there?

Air Waver

Post by Air Waver » Wed May 22, 2002 10:07 pm

:idea: To avoid translation misunderstandings: Luftwaffel is in english Air Waver.

S8 Booster
Location: Yeah, it IS the real thing not the Fooleywood Crapitfied Wannabe Copy..

Various details

Post by S8 Booster » Wed May 22, 2002 11:44 pm

Hi mIke.

The landscape is in western Norway, you are right. Unfortunately these images shows only a fragment of the real story at that site.

The cam was a Canon 1014 XL-S and the major part is filmed on K40. On the last part where you see the ship Agfa Moviechrome 40 is used.
I do believe I used a polarizing filter but I am not sure.
All of it was shot on 18fps.

The S-shape (backside up C- shape) is due to awkward angles and some projector lens distortion in the off screen video shooting. My projector (Bauer T610) lost its framing adjustement when it fell of a table due to my daughters activties during projecting. That is why the frame line is visual. I think I have to look into it some time to correct it.

Wahiba, you broke the code. I was wondering if anybody would solve it. The "Butcherbird" (Würger) is about to fly again very soon. New originals are ready in Germany soon. http://www.flugwerk.de/

My FW initials is really the English initials of my first name of Viking origin: Forrest Warrior - FW but I could not let go to add the A-8 to see if anybody solved it or asked. You did it Wahiba.

If anybody asked I would have told them to put "FW 190 A-8" into a search engine.

The new 190 will use a russian built more powerful copy of the BMW copy of the Pratt & Whitney original engine. It all at that site.

The "Long Nose was the 190D-9 with the Jumo inverted V12 liquid cooled engine with MW (Metanol & water) Boost injection if I remeber correctly.

The ME 262 was the twin engined Messerschmitt jet fighter (860-900 km/h) that entered the US Flying Fortresses over Germany, but it was too fast so they often missed their targets.

New ME 262s are built in the USA and will fly soon fitted with modern US avionics. & machinery.
http://www.heraldnet.com/Stories/00/8/3/12837383.cfm

Are there any Tempests flying in England these days?

RGDS
Last edited by S8 Booster on Sat May 25, 2002 1:27 am, edited 8 times in total.
..tnx for reminding me Michael Lehnert.... or Santo or.... cinematography.com super8 - the forum of Rednex, Wannabees and Pretenders...

S8 Booster

Forgot:

Post by S8 Booster » Thu May 23, 2002 12:53 am

Should have seen my S8 Spitfire Mk IX low level extreme flying footage! (Ray Hanna? - incredible live sound too - it was one of these reels that was Stolen? during processing.)

Some day maybee, I can post some proper S8/DV versions here?

Wonder why the "pROs" NEVER learns to film Airshows?
Link to sound of the Spitfire: http://www.clarkindustries.on.ca/spitsxii.html

RGDS

(and do not mention Video please.)