SMALL FORMAT has Arrived.

Forum covering all aspects of small gauge cinematography! This is the main discussion forum.

Moderator: Andreas Wideroe

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:23 pm

reflex wrote:
Guy Bennett wrote:I'm interested in getting this mag, but am a bit leary of subscribing due to all those who still haven't received their copies.
I think this is just a factor of international shipping. Hopefully their publisher can figure something out to speed up the process. A Super 8 jet, perhaps?
Hmmm, the way that the magazines seem to be arriving one per day per city maybe there is a super-8 jet that is dropping off one magazine per city per day.

sooper8fan

Post by sooper8fan » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:05 pm

Alex wrote:
maybe there is a super-8 jet that is dropping off one magazine per city per day.
I think the jet went off-course on it's way to San Diego, never to be seen again......still waiting for my mag! Gee-willickers! I could have driven up to LA 10 times by now and gotten one from your distribution locations! Yes, I'm still bitter about this whole magazine thing. :( 20 weeks of waiting and still no magazine.

reflex

Post by reflex » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:25 pm

sooper8fan wrote::( 20 weeks of waiting and still no magazine.
Errm... that's 20 weeks since they announced they'd be creating it.

I have been hoping for the better part of a decade that someone would produce a world-class magazine like this (believing it would never come). The "welcome" letter from the publishers was dated August 22nd, so it took a little over a month to arrive, which is ok. I don't mind waiting a month for each issue-- it's full of 40 year-old technology, anyway!

It's worth waiting for. I'll mail you my copy if you like.
www.retrothing.com
Vintage Gadgets & Technology

sooper8fan

Post by sooper8fan » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:28 pm

reflex wrote:
Errm... that's 20 weeks since they announced they'd be creating it.
(buzzer) wrong. On May 23, 2005 I was told in a PM from Juergen that it would be 4 weeks till it arrived at my door.

...correction....it's been 19 weeks. but still.

Alex

Post by Alex » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:38 pm

About the only thing worse for you to go through right now would be if someone started to send you one page a day in the mail. 8O

clivetobin

Post by clivetobin » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:18 am

vidwerk wrote:Mine arrived this morning.
vidwerk.
Mine arrived this afternoon, along with the bill for the ad (in incomprehensible German, with the address written in backwards German style) to far-off exotic Spokane Valley.

MovieStuff

Post by MovieStuff » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:53 am

I got my copy from Alex. The one from Small Format still hasn't shown up here.

Roger

etimh

Post by etimh » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:23 pm

Arrived in mail in Los Angeles today.

Tim
FilmAid International
http://www.filmaid.org

teadub

Post by teadub » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:51 am

Mine arrived today, very good job.
• Steven Christopher Wallace •
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2591403/
http://www.scwfilms.com

Alex

Post by Alex » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:44 am

Sooper8fan, if your magazine does not arrive by Friday I'd be interested in sending you a mag AND a mini-dv of my 64t test for posting on the internet.

sooper8fan

Post by sooper8fan » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:34 pm

Alex wrote:
Sooper8fan, if your magazine does not arrive by Friday I'd be interested in sending you a mag AND a mini-dv of my 64t test for posting on the internet.
I never thought the day would come.....my magazine finally frickin' arrived. Now seriously...am I the last one to get their copy? Anybody else still waiting? Of course, it DOES look as good as everybody has said, but I've only thumbed through so far. Can't wait to read it cover to cover.
Alex, I'd be more than willing to put that 64T test on the web for you (and the Alphabet Song) if you want. Shoot me a PM if you want and we'll get it going. Heck....maybe if we both make it to Flicker on Sunday I could get it from you then? Thanks!

etimh

Post by etimh » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:43 pm

sooper8fan wrote:I never thought the day would come.....my magazine finally frickin' arrived. Now seriously...am I the last one to get their copy?
LOL :lol:

Yeah, I was going to say if the magazine is going "around the world," you are at the ends of the Earth. But what about lastcoyote and BK in Hong Kong? Wonder if they got theirs? If not, it still has to cross the Pacific. Anybody in Hawaii?

Glad you finally got it Seth. I was going to bring one of my extra copies for you on Sunday, but now, everything is good in the world. :)

Tim
FilmAid International
http://www.filmaid.org

dgs8film

Post by dgs8film » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:55 pm

I received mine yesterday. Looks great, just took a long time to get here...

tlatosmd

Post by tlatosmd » Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:36 am

etimh wrote:
sooper8fan wrote:I never thought the day would come.....my magazine finally frickin' arrived. Now seriously...am I the last one to get their copy?
LOL :lol:

Yeah, I was going to say if the magazine is going "around the world," you are at the ends of the Earth.
That's right Sooper, being in the West of the US you pretty much *are* at the end of the world. Think of how long the Indo-Europeans needed from conquering Europe about 3,000 b. C. to start conquering the later US-to-be around 1,500 a. D. ;)
"Mama don't take my Kodachrome away!" -
Paul Simon

Chosen tools of the trade:
Bauer S209XL, Revue Sound CS60AF, Canon 310XL

The Beatles split up in 1970; long live The Beatles!

tejas

Post by tejas » Thu Oct 06, 2005 2:32 am

COOL! Mine arrived today. Location: Santa Ana, California